Do you need an MC for your wedding? Are you unsure what an MC does?
Here is your guide. by Doug Russell from Sound Dynamix.
As a long time disc Jockey that has attended literally hundreds of weddings you’d be surprised to hear that a wedding MC has only a few duties.
- Introducing the wedding party into the hall after photos.
- Announcing some ground rules for the night. ex. (Don’t drink and drive. dinner will be starting shortly. etc.
- Announcing speakers for speeches.
- Possibly run a game like the wedding shoe game (optional)
- YOUR DJ should take over after speeches are done
Surprised? You should be! I have taken over MC duties for many weddings and it is easy compared to making music decisions on the fly to keep guests entertained. If you have a family member that has a good voice and isn’t afraid to talk in front of a crowd than they can easily handle your MC duties.
Don’t pay big bucks for an MC! Your DJ or family member should be able to handle these light duties with ease.
send me some feedback – email@example.com